Published: Sat, January 13, 2018
Global Media | By Abel Hampton

Failed NY Subway Bomber Pleads Not Guilty to Terror Charges

Failed NY Subway Bomber Pleads Not Guilty to Terror Charges

A Bangladeshi immigrant was indicted Wednesday in the failed pipe bombing of the NY subway system last month.

Akayed Ullah was charged with providing material support to a terrorist organization and other counts in the Wednesday grand jury document.

During the proceeding, she asked Sullivan if he could intervene to speed medical care to Ullah at the lockup next to the courthouse in lower Manhattan.

Ullah, 27, who was also injured in the explosion, has been in federal custody since his arrest.

"In selecting this time and place, Ullah's alleged goal in the Port Authority bombing was painfully clear: to inflict as much damage as possible, and to strike fear into the hearts of New Yorkers in the name of ISIS", U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman said when announcing the indictment. He answered, "Yes." When asked for his plea, Ullah responded, "At this moment, not guilty".

FILE - In this December 12, 2017, file photo, a Bangladeshi man reads a national newspaper whose front pages shows the news of 27-year-old Bangladeshi man Akayed Ullah, in Dhaka, Bangladesh. He and three others were injured in the attack.

The indictment was announced by the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of NY. And she said he needed some of the dressing on his wounds changed.

"Trump you failed to protect your nation", Akayed Ullah wrote on his social media site in the run-up to the attack.

"We have an indictment containing charges like this, I think that it's easy to lose sight of the very important and invaluable rights that every person is afforded in our system of justice, including Mr. Ullah", Gallicchio said. The Republican president later demanded tightened immigration rules.

They also said in court papers that he admitted he wanted to cause carnage to avenge US aggression toward the Islamic State group.

He injured three people in addition to himself when the bomb exploded on December 11, and was arrested at the scene.

Ullah was treated at Bellevue Hospital after the blast for burns and cuts to his hands and abdomen and is now in custody at the Metropolitan Correctional Center.

Like this: