Latest
Recommended
Published: Fri, November 03, 2017
Sport | By Billy Aguilar

Three teams are through to the Champions League Last 16

Three teams are through to the Champions League Last 16

Tottenham Hotspur have seen their odds cut for the Champions League, but Bookmakers have now made an English victor the most likely scenario.

However, Chelsea's 3-0 defeat to Roma last night has blown Group C wide open. Dele Alli scored twice on his return from a three-game suspension.

Spurs recorded an unforgettable win over Real Madrid at Wembley, meanwhile Pep Guardiola's men overcame Napoli to progress.

Liverpool made it three wins from three for English clubs with a straightforward 3-0 victory over Slovenian outsider Maribor.

Liverpool and Sevilla will have the chance to advance to the next round on matchday five.

Besiktas are arguably this season's surprise outfit, sitting pretty on top of Group G. They're four points clear of Porto in second, and six clear RB Leipzig in third. The Citizens are 11% likely to win the cup final, and have a 22% chance of making it to Kiev. A consolation goal from Ze Luis came too late to spark a comeback from the Russian champion. Manchester City have qualified for the knockout round and have a probability of 67% to make the quarterfinals, according to FiveThirtyEight. - Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri on Wednesday's home game against Manchester City.

Feyenoord took an early lead through Nicolai Jorgensen's header, but Shakhtar hit back through Facundo Ferreyra and two goals from Marlos.

Leicester claim two spots among the top 10 while there is also room for some surprising entrants from Burnley and Everton - but just who has been the most clinical striker so far this campaign?

Aiming for its first appearance in the knockout phase, Besiktas now sits four points clear at the top from Porto.

So where do Wednesday's results rank among the best group-stage results of all time for Premier League teams in Europe's leading club competition?

Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane will face criticism from fans of the reigning Spanish and European championa after a poor showing away to Tottenham.

When is the Champions League knockout round draw?

Website FiveThirtyEight has crunched the numbers after four match days in this season's Champions League.

The group's other two teams, Borussia Dortmund and APOEL Nicosia, are mathematically still in contention to qualify but realistically have nearly no chance after their 1-1 draw.

Like this: