Latest
Recommended
Published: Sun, October 08, 2017
Sport | By Billy Aguilar

Las Vegas shooter reportedly researched Boston concerts

Las Vegas shooter reportedly researched Boston concerts

Stephen Paddock, the 64-year-old perpetrator of the deadliest shooting in modern USA history, may have considered other targets in Chicago, Las Vegas, and Boston before he ultimately carried out his attack in Las Vegas on Sunday night that left 58 people dead and more than 500 injured. As CrimeOnline previously reported, Paddock made reservations at Chicago's Blackstone Hotel for the weekend of the Lalapalooza music festival, and specifically requested the two rooms he reserved to have views of the main stage.

Boston officials were told that Paddock researched hotels near Fenway Park, but few if any rooms have a clear view of the stands at the venerable park.

The Boston police department released a media statement on Thursday, saying that there was no immediate security threat to the city. City officials are working closely with federal authorities. He did not, however, travel to Chicago nor did he book a hotel room near Fenway Park. He also researched hotels around Boston's Fenway Park, a senior law enforcement official with direct knowledge of the matter told NBC News.

Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker also says he's aware of the reports but could not discuss them because of the ongoing investigation into the mass shooting.

The Red Sox said in a statement that they have been told there's now no credible threat to Fenway Park.

Sunday's mass shooting was the deadliest in United States history, killing 59 people and injuring nearly 500 more.

Paddock's potential targets also included the most recent Lollapalooza festival in Chicago, which was held August 3 to August 6 in Grant Park, the officials said.

Before Game 1 of the American League Division Series, the Houston Astros and Boston Red Sox held a moment of silence in memory of those injured, lost, and effected by the Las Vegas catastrophe.

Like this: