Latest
Recommended
Published: Wed, September 27, 2017
Sport | By Billy Aguilar

Three more suspects arrested over Parsons Green Tube bomb released without charge

Three more suspects arrested over Parsons Green Tube bomb released without charge

The 20-year old man was arrested at an address inCardiff, Wales, early this morning under Section 41 of the UK's Terrorism Act.

So far, seven people have been arrested as part of the investigation being carried out by the Met's Counter Terrorism Command; one person has been charged in relation to the attack, three people remain in police custody and three people have been released with no further action.

The man, 20, was detained at a house in the Welsh capital Cardiff by counter-terrorism officers, London police said.

The Islamic State militant group, which had said it was behind several attacks on Western cities in recent years, including two attacks in London and one in Manchester this year, claimed responsibility for the latest attack.

THREE suspects who were arrested over the Parsons Green Tube bombing have been released without charge.

He was also charged with causing an explosion likely to endanger life using the highly volatile triacetone triperoxide (TATP) - known as "the mother of Satan" - or another explosive substance.

Hassan, of Sunbury, Surrey, will appear at the Old Bailey on 13 October. The search in Surrey has been completed and work is now under way to return the scene to normal. The homemade bomb engulfed a carriage in flames, but apparently failed to fully explode.

Hassan was arrested at the port of Dover in Kent at 7.50am on 16 September by counter-terrorism officers.

Like this: